Vanilla Protein Pancakes with Peanut Butter drizzle and Almond Slivers
I am always looking for new ways to spruce up pancakes and make them ‘healthier’. My roommate and I like to splurge for pancakes on Sunday mornings, and so it has become somewhat of a weekly tradition for us to have them. Usually I switch back and forth between my favorite: Cinnamon Swirl Pancakes, Chocolate Chip Pancakes, or plain pancakes (links to come soon!). Sometimes with protein powder, and sometimes without, and most of the times with the sugar cut down or substituted. I found these on another one of my pancake recipe hunts, and had seen the peanut butter and almond slivers on another site’s pancakes and just married the two! As you will soon taste, it is heaven.
Original recipe found here!
1 Scoop Vanilla Whey
1/2 Cup Oats (Blended – or 1/4 Cup Oat Flour)
1 tsp Baking Powder
1 Egg White
1/4 Cup Plain Nonfat Greek Yogurt
1 TBSP Unsweetened Coconut Milk (or milk of choice)
3 TBSP Peanut Butter (more or less depending on preference)
Handful of Almond Slivers to sprinkle on top
- Blend oats in a blender or magic bullet. Stir dry ingredients together.
- Add wet ingredients and mix well (batter will be thick).
- Heat pan on medium heat.
- Spray with nonstick spray and slowly spoon or ladle batter into pan. Cook time will vary. Mine took approximately 30 seconds – 1 minute, but I always look for the bubbles to form on top.
- Melt peanut butter to a consistency similar to chocolate syrup.
- Once pancakes are fully cooked, put on separate plate, and drizzle with melted peanut butter. Sprinkle with almond slivers to your liking.
*Note: I put the melted peanut butter into a sandwich bag and snipped a corner off to drizzle. Just be sure the hole is slightly bigger since peanut butter is thicker.
Yields 6-8 pancakes.