Chipotle Chicken Stuffed Sweet Potatoes
I have been trying to find new recipes, as I’ve been getting bored with mine lately. So, I stumbled across a picture of these on Instagram and thought they looked delicious! I followed the picture to it’s original owner who has a food blog, and stalked her website. I have found and made several of her dishes and have loved most all of them! Her original recipe will be listed below, and I highly suggest checking out her other ones. I’ll be posting more of the ones I’ve tried at a later time. However, these are a great first recipe of hers to try out! Not to mention, the recipe for the actual chicken is just delicious and simple. I’ve used it for multiple other recipes too. Enjoy!
*Original recipe found here!
4 sweet potatoes
1 lb chicken breasts, cubed
1.5 tbs olive oil
1.5 tbs soy sauce
1 tbs honey
1 tsp chipotle powder
1 tsp ground cumin
1 tsp garlic powder
1/4 tsp ground pepper
1/2 tsp dried oregano
1/2 medium onion, finely chopped
1/2 cup organic frozen corn
1 (15 oz.) can black beans
shredded pepper jack cheese
- Preheat oven to 425 F. Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper. Using a fork, poke lots of holes into each potato. Place potatoes on baking sheet and bake for 45-55 minutes (time varying with size of potatoes).
- In a small bowl, mix the chipotle powder, cumin, garlic powder, pepper, oregano, olive oil, soy sauce and honey. Add the chicken cubes and toss to coat. Set aside.
- Heat a large skillet on medium high and add 1 tsp olive oil. Add the onion and saute for 2-3 minutes. Then add the corn and cook for a few minutes more. Stir in the beans and heat through, another minute or two. Remove from pan and cover to keep warm.
- In the same skillet add the chicken and all the sauce and cook through.
- Remove potatoes from oven and slice open lengthwise. Add the bean mixture to each one and then the chicken pieces. Top with cheese and place back into oven until cheese melts.
Yields 4 servings.