Cauliflower Stir Fry
*Original Fried Rice base found here!
4 Tbsp Sesame Oil, divided
3 Cloves of Garlic
1 Tsp of Ginger
16 oz of Cauliflower, minced/crumbled
1 Tsp of Rice Vinegar
1 Sm. Bag of Frozen Mixed Veggies
5 Tbsp of Soy Sauce
1 1/2 lbs of cooked Shredded Chicken or Pork
- Steam Cauliflower partially, about two-thirds of the way done.
- Heat 2 Tablespoons of the sesame oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add garlic cloves and ginger and stir fry for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Crack the eggs into the pan and incorporate the garlic and ginger until eggs start to form. Generally 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add partially cooked Cauliflower crumbles to skillet, also adding the remaining 2 Tbsp of sesame oil. Turn the heat up just slightly. Because this is Cauliflower instead of rice, this won’t quite stir fry like rice. Stir periodically over the next 2 to 3 minutes to incorporate all ingredients and let the Cauliflower cook a little more.
- Add frozen veggies, rice vinegar and soy sauce to skillet, and cook for approximately 3 minutes, or until veggies are heated all the way through. I covered the pan at this point to heat up the veggies a little quicker.
- Last, add whichever meat of your choice and stir all together. Let cook for approximately 2 minutes to allow all flavors to mix together.
*Notes: I love this meal and have so far eaten it for 2 weeks in a row. The first time I made it just like this with shredded pork and the 2nd week, I used fresh broccoli and shredded chicken. For the meat, I cooked in the crockpot on high for 4 – 5 hours in a mixture of 1 part water and 1 part soy sauce, garlic and parsley. You will want the liquid to at least come up to halfway of the meat. The great thing about this meal is that you can mix and match different veggies and meat combinations or do only vegetables. Please share your combinations in the comments below! Enjoy!